We are Searching for a Training & Development Officer
Reducing the Risk has an exciting new vacancy:
The context of the role
Reducing the Risk is an Oxfordshire based charity established to provide inclusive services which reduce the risk of domestic abuse, promote the safety, choices and welfare of those affected and help to foster good practice and an integrated multi-agency approach. We aim to empower both victims of abuse and those who support them. We provide two core services: an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) service and a Training service. In particular we train and support practitioners from a wide range of services to work together in Networks. We are a local charity but aim to be a beacon of good practice and our approach is widely recognised and award winning.
Recent changes in statutory funding have led the trustees to develop a new strategy and business plan. At its heart is the expansion of our Training service as a social/training enterprise — including the creation of this new role. The post provides a significant opportunity to enhance our community’s capacity to tackle abuse and ultimately to make a difference to the lives of victims and their children. Success in the role will require:
- a commitment to the work of the charity,
- enthusiasm for raising awareness and empowering practitioners and other members of the community to safely support victims of abuse
- highly-tuned training skills both in developing and delivering training,
- creativity, flexibility, resilience, efficiency, ‘can do’ forward planning, and an eye for detail
- broad communication skills – in particular in giving talks and presentations
- capacity both to self-motivate and be a strong team member.